Thursday, January 20, 2011

Open Doors

    As long as I've been a photographer, I've wanted to make movies. The creative opportunity that photographs offer is magnified tremendously in motion pictures. When Barbara introduced the idea of working as a background, I really didn't understand the potential doors that might open.
    Being on the set of a major production has opened my eyes to the scale of artistic ideas in the world. It also broke down some of the mystical barriers I had imagined. The realization of a creative vision is the same for each artist. To have an idea in your head, either visually, verbally, musically, or any other, and see that vision brought to life is what art is all about. It's the creative process. While, to me assembling 50 wedding guests, or a family of four for a portrait still seems daunting, these guys create daylight where, before it was night. They change the weather, even the town you're in. To coordinate 300 people on set over the course of a day only to come away with seconds of finished product has really opened my eyes to the bigger world of artistic process.

No comments:

Post a Comment